Real-Time, Crime-Fighting Technology Solution
Law enforcement's need for sophisticated technology to support fighting and reducing crime is higher than ever. NC4 is proud to provide a technological tool that gives law enforcement officers (LEOs) access to real-time crime data to accurately pinpoint crimes, patterns, and incidents, not only improving their situational awareness but also their ability to fight crime faster.
NC4 Street Smart® arms officers with critical, real-time crime information while on patrol on our nation’s city streets. This state-of-the-art tool enables officers to share relevant, structured and unstructured information through situation-based bulletins and police blogs. The ability to visualize data points on maps and aggregate and share relevant information in real-time, keeps LEOs up-to-speed, informed and protected as they patrol our streets.
Imagine police officers no longer needing to rely on a roll call board, written information on notepads, meeting takeaways, etc. With NC4 Street Smart, crime data can be placed in one common operating picture that is updated and accessible around the clock. Having information readily available helps officers to connect-the-dots faster and solve crimes more quickly, which helps to reduce the crime rate.
NC4 Street Smart provides law enforcement organizations a powerful suite of tools that includes the following:
- NC4 Crime Connector™ — Collects data about people, places, activities and assets and puts it in one place
- Crime-Fighting Blog — Provides a backbone for collaborative problem solving and brings information to an officer's attention days or weeks faster than traditional methods
- Bulletin Management — Centralizes information in one location, in near real-time, delivering important bulletins to officers in the field
- Map Viewer — Provides instant visualization of crime patterns in a specific location by displaying color-coded dots that show reported crimes and the locations where they were committed
- Case Management — Provides officers with an online notebook where information is passed from shift-to-shift and from cycle-to-cycle in real-time
- Data Feeds — Provide the ability to analyze data to draw conclusions that result in actionable items that reduce crime
- Historical Crime — Allows historical crime records to be imported, which allows officers to identify patterns and threats around validated crimes
- Offender/Juvenile/Home Detention Data — This feature allows officers to look up known offenders in a localized area, saving them the time of having to do a full scale search
- CAD Data — Allows CAD records to be created, which provides officers with analytical trends
- Intel and Street Check Data Type — Gives users the ability to capture data that seems important, but may not correlate to any specific CAD records
- Repeatable Controls — Allows officers to manage crime more efficiently by allowing them to look up various elements of a crime scene with a click of a button
- Full API — Allows easy integration into third-party or existing RMS and CAD systems
- Localization — Configurable interface allows it to be readily usable for a wide range of languages and cultures
- Advanced Search — Allows a user to search for any previously entered data point in the solution and to sort that data, providing an additional mechanism to parse data effectively
NC4 Street Smart was the winner of the 2013 Microsoft Collaboration and Content Partner of the Year award for solving a pressing law enforcement technology challenge faced by the law enforcement community.
Contact us today or check out our Street Smart Demo to learn how NC4 Street Smart can help your law enforcement agency reduce crime rates with real-time crime reporting, crime analysis, and crime mapping.
Thank you for requesting information about NC4 Street Smart! We will be back in touch with you shortly to discuss ways to solve crimes faster within your community.
Providing real-time situational awareness and making information and intelligence available and searchable around the clock, to the entire agency, is invaluable for officer safety and crime reduction.
Pillar 1 of the six in the 21st Century Policing report is titled "Building Trust and Legitimacy." Many of the recommendations within this pillar focus on procedural justice and the link between procedural justice and trust and legitimacy in the community.
NC4 has introduced a blog series titled "The Essence of NC4 Street Smart: A 12-part Blog Series", to share with our readers what the 'essence' of our law enforcement solution, Street Smart really is. This post is the first blog in this series.
This blog series will introduce each of the six pillars identified by the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing and the basis of each pillar.
Common definitions for the term 'essence' center on the intrinsic nature or indispensable quality of something. Its character. The heart and soul. Substance. Principle. NC4 wants to share with the readers of this blog what the 'essence' of our law enforcement solution, Street Smart, really is in a 12-part series of blogs throughout 2018.