Defending our nation’s critical infrastructure from cyber threats
NC4’s Cyber Defense Network (CDN) is designed to help our nation's critical infrastructure communities and private sector companies defend themselves against cyber threats with greater efficiency, effectiveness, and speed.
CDN Cyber Triage
On the battleground of cyber warfare where both communities and organizations are overloaded, triage of cyber threats is essential. CDN provides a multi-tier cyber triage capability to speed decision making and action initiation. Fast, effective, and efficient triage is accomplished by a composite of people, technology, and processes enabled by CDN. The core CDN triage functions are distributed across three tiers:
- Tier 1 – Trusted Community: CDN powerfully enables specific trusted, closed communities to triage threats in a more structured fashion.
- Tier 2 – Edge of your Enterprise: Machine-readable, automated triage of cyber threat intelligence with the secure Soltra Edge® solution on-premise within your enterprise.
- Tier 3– Enterprise Internal Triage: Quickly assess and prioritize the most relevant courses of action to take in response to threats, implementing actions through third-party solutions, such as Cisco FMC and other next generation firewalls and security solutions.
CDN powers the next generation of ISACs and ISAOs with its advanced triage and automation capabilities. It is equally as effective for Enterprise risk management teams, CISOs and SOC analysts, as it improves internal effectiveness and efficiency in triaging, analyzing, coordinating, and responding to cyber threats.
- NC4 Mission Center™ is a highly secure, web-based solution used by cybersecurity specialists in the world's top critical infrastructure communities for secure communication and collaboration of cyber threat intelligence.
- Soltra Edge® is a standards-based solution (STIX/TAXII) pioneered and developed by the FS-ISAC and DTCC.
Automation Action Principles
NC4’s Cyber Defense Network employs a variety of operational modes to adapt to diverse cybersecurity organizations, processes, and cultures. These include a manual mode, semi-automated human-in-the-loop mode, fully automated, parallel, or hybrid mode. These modes include simulation capability, as well as audit trail and logging to ensure the integrity of the process.
Critical infrastructure community members can join the Early Adopter Program. You must be an NC4 Soltra Edge customer and be willing to actively engage and participate with other members. NC4 will be limiting the number of early participants, but current Soltra Edge customers will receive priority.