NC4 Signal™ + NC4 Risk Center™ can work together: A case example
NC4 Signal™ is a tool designed to filter through the endless flow of information across the web, to deliver a customized stream of rich, relevant data in real-time, providing your security teams with intelligent insights anywhere, anytime, on any web-enabled device.
Every minute, the sharing of information and the posting of images and videos on the internet provides unparalleled insights into events as they unfold, allowing organizations to detect issues and react accordingly and quickly. With NC4 Signal, information can be filtered based on informational needs, visualized in maps and lists, and then integrated into strategic, tactical, and operational decision-making to ensure optimum results.
What if you could:
- Gather data about a street address, city or state; a stadium or other landmarks?
- Research topics, words and phrases?
- Look into incidents, activities and developments as they unfold?
- Identify current trends or research historical social media data?
You can, with NC4 Signal.
NC4 Risk Center™ is a risk management solution that integrates technology and resources around all-hazards information collection and analysis into a proactive risk management application. Behind the scenes, NC4's team of highly skilled analysts identify, collect, and evaluate incidents – turning raw information into relevant incident alerts at the neighborhood, regional, national and international levels. Risk Center enhances your capabilities in monitoring, analyzing, and responding to physical risks that pose a threat to your organization. Risk Center is used across the globe by organizations in the areas of corporate security, business continuity, supply chain risk management, travel risk management, watch command, fusion centers, and many others, to enhance situational awareness. Risk Center also provides ActivTravel™, a comprehensive travel risk management add-on solution combining up-to-the-minute all-hazards alerts with employee travel data, giving you the relevant information you need to protect your corporate assets.
What if you could use the two together?
Let's take a look at a recent example.
Sadly, on April 3rd, 2018, at the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, an active shooter walked across the courtyard and began firing at employees, wounding three of them.
Risk Center and NC4 Signal provided timely and vetted information, correcting inaccuracies and reporting on the crisis even before news outlets. Here's a breakdown of the event:
- YouTube has 554,000 square feet of office space & hosts 2,800 employees
- The shooter used a 9mm caliber semi-automatic pistol
- 3 people were injured; the shooter took her own life
- First 911 call was made at 12:46pm PT
- First responders arrived at 12:48pm PT
- First post was found on NC4 Signal via the Active Shooter Twitter topic threat at 12:57pm within 11 minutes of the first call
- NC4 issued a Security-Shooting Incident at 1:09pm PT
- NC4 upgraded the incident to Severe at 1:36pm PT
- NC4 issued a total of 9 Security – Shooting reports
- There were 457,747 tweets & retweets in the 2 hours following the shooting that contained the term "YouTube".
NC4 was right there with our customers, providing them with everything they needed to make fast decisions.
Tools to mine the online world for relevance are becoming increasingly vital, and increasingly useful, for every leader. What if these had been your remote employees? Would you have had the correct information to respond quickly, to take control of the situation, to navigate the chaos and keep your employees safe? Working with the online community is key, and having the tools to do so will take your business one more step ahead into the future.
We welcome an opportunity to show you how NC4 Risk Center and NC4 Signal can provide your organization with the open source intelligence and the timely, vetted information you need to protect your company's people, assets, and products. Visit www.NC4.com for more information on our solutions, or email us at Info@NC4.com.
Thanks for contacting NC4! A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.